🚨Nine-man Everton lose at home to Brentford in five-goal thriller

Everton’s hopes of surviving in the Premier League took a hit after their 3-2 loss at home to Brentford on Sunday night.

Merseyside’s side had won two games and drawn one of their last three and knew that victory could have secured them a place in the Premier League next season.

With this in mind, they got off the blocks first and could have had an opening goal in the fourth minute when Richarlison pounced on a rebound inside the six-yard area but bounced his chance off the right post.

However, the Toffees broke through in the 10th minute as Dominic Calvert-Lewin grabbed the ball into the penalty area with a free kick and fired a superb shot into the lower left corner.

But Everton’s joy was short-lived as it was reduced to 10 men in the 18th minute when Jarad Brantwaite responded stupidly and the referee showed him a well deserved red card.

With the numerical advantage, the visitors grew up in the match and pushed for the equaliser, which finally arrived, albeit with a special goal.

Seamus Coleman tried to head the ball away after a cross into the penalty area, but he accidentally sent it into the left post of his team’s goal.

The hosts got a chance to score a second just before the break when Beck Sorensen fouled inside the penalty area, leaving Michael Oliver no choice but to whistle for a penalty kick.

Richarlison stepped up to take a perfect penalty in the top right corner, giving goalkeeper David Raya no chance.

Then Everton were stunned an hour later as the visitors scored twice in two minutes to turn the game on its head.

First, Yoane Wissa jumped to the top and quietly planted a shot into the roof of the net from Christian Eriksen’s corner, before Rico Henry scored from a very difficult position as he jumped high to connect with a cross and headed into the right post. .

Despite Everton doing their best to find an equaliser, Brentford stuck to the win, leaving Frank Lampard’s side stuck in the bottom half.

To make matters worse for the Toffees, Salomon Rondon received a straight red card two minutes before committing a fatal foul.

With two matches left, Merseyside FC will have a chance to avoid relegation but will have to win their remaining two matches, or the results of the matches of their closest rivals.