Lionel Messi, the Paris Saint-Germain striker, is the highest-paid athlete in the world over the past 12 months, according to Forbes.
Messi, who earns $75 million annually from playing football, also benefits from $55 million in sponsorship and endorsement deals.
NBA star James comes second on the rich list, earning $121.2 million a year.
The Los Angeles Lakers forward may have missed playoffs this season, but he’s been in control off the field, benefiting from his talk show and starring in last year’s Space Jam: A New Legacy.
Forbes estimates that James is now worth $850 million.
Cristiano Ronaldo completed the top three, earning $115 million following his move from Juventus to Manchester United.
Forbes list of the 10 highest paid athletes of 2022;
- Lionel Messi: $130 million
- LeBron James: $121.2 million
- Cristiano Ronaldo: $115 million
- Neymar: $95 million
- Stephen Curry: $92.8 million
- Kevin Durant: $92.1 million
- Roger Federer: $90.7 million
- Canelo Alvarez: $90 million
- Tom Brady: $83.9 million
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: $80.9 million