One of the most stimulating boxing competitions of the time will exhilaration fight suckers this weekend. Undisputedsuper-middleweight champion Saul‘Canelo’Alvarez will formerly again move up to light heavyweight to challenge WBA belt- holder Dmitry Bivol.
Canelo vs. Bivol WBA light Heavyweight Championship
The Russian is undefeated with a 19-0 record, successfully defending his title many times. His last bout was in December, when he won over Umar Salamov via agreeable decision.
Alvarez defeated Caleb Plant in his last PPV appearance and added Plant’s IBF title to his own WBC, WBA and WBO belts. Dmitry Bivol meanwhile, is coming off a victory against Umar Salamov in November 2021, where he kept his title.
When is Canelo Alvarez vs. Dmitry Bivol?
- Date: Saturday, May 7
- Main card: 10 p.m. ET
- Main event: Midnight ET (approx.)
Canelo Alvarez vs. Dmitry Bivol will take place Saturday, May 7. The main event is expected to start around midnight ET, depending on how long the undercard fights last.
Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez Record & Information
- Nationality: Mexico
- Date of birth: July 18, 1990
- Height: 5′ 8″
- Reach: 70.5″
- Total fights: 60
- Record: 57-1-2 (39 KOs)
Dmitry Bivol Record & Information
- Date of birth: December 18, 1990
- Reach: 72″
- Total fights: 19
- Record: 19-0 (11 KOs)
Canelo vs. Bivol fight card, odds
- Saul “Canelo” Alvarez -550 vs. Dmitry Bivol (c) +400, (WBA light heavyweight championship)
- Zhilei Zhang -1500 vs. Scott Alexander +800, (heavyweights)
- Montana Love -700 vs. Gabriel Valenzuela +500, (junior welterweights)
- Shakhram Giyasov -340 vs. Christian Gomez +270, (welterweights)
- Marc Castro -4000 vs. Pedro Vincente +1500, (lightweights)