Chelsea’s FA Cup quest continues this weekend as they face Crystal Palace in the semi-finals at Wembley Stadium.
The Blues were eliminated from the Champions League by Real Madrid this week, and they hope to outdo their London rivals to make it to the finals again.
Before the showdown, that’s all you need to know.
Chelsea vs Crystal Palace head to head
- Chelsea and Crystal Palace meet for the sixth time in the FA Cup
- The Blues have made progress in two of the previous four relationships
- Chelsea have reached the FA Cup semi-finals for the 12th time in 21 seasons
- Chelsea are seeking to reach the FA Cup final for the fifth time in the past six seasons and the 16th time overall
- Only Arsenal (21) and Manchester United (20) have reached the final more than the Blues
- Excluding the three matches played there as a home game by Tottenham Hotspur, the Blues will play their 27th game at the new Wembley Stadium since opening in 2007, more than any other team.
- The Blues won nine of the previous FA Cup semi-finals they played at Wembley
- Thomas Tuchel is playing his sixth final since joining Chelsea in January 2021
Crystal Palace stats
- Crystal Palace have qualified for the FA Cup Final on two of the last three occasions they have reached the quarter-finals, most recently in 2015/16.
- After their Premier League defeat to Chelsea on February 19, Palace went seven unbeaten matches (five wins) that ended last weekend in Leicester.
- Palace has lost the last five penalties since 2007
- The last time they succeeded was in the League One semi-final against Sunderland in May 2004
- As an Arsenal player, Patrick Vieira has won all FA Cup matches against Chelsea
Watch Chelsea vs Crystal Palace match updates on FOTA!