Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema met Robert Lewandowski, the top scorer in the Champions League this season.
The Frenchman has been in high gear for the Spanish giants and is now an obvious candidate for this season’s Champions League Golden Boot.
Lewandowski was scoring the goal on Tuesday night while Bayern were battling but failed to advance, taking his tally to 13.
The Polish striker scored nine goals in Bayern’s first five games, and took the tournament’s top scorer with three goals in the round of 16 against Salzburg.
Sebastian Haller was the favorite after becoming the second player to score in all six group matches after Cristiano Ronaldo in 2017/18.
This leaves Karim Benzema with a chance to grab the top spot, as he scored his twelfth goal of the season to help Real Madrid beat Chelsea in the second leg of the quarter-finals.
Here is the arrangement.
- 13 Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
- 12 Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
- 11 Sebastian Haller (Ajax)
- 8 Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
- 7 Christopher Nkunko (Leipzig)
- 6 Leroy Sane (Bayern Munich)
- 6 Kylian Mbappe (Paris)
- 6 Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City).
- 6- Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) 6 Arnot Danjuma (Villarreal).
- 6 Darwin Nunez (Benfica)
- 5 Lionel Messi (Paris)
- 5 Roberto Firmino (Liverpool)
- 4 Pedro Gonçalves (Sporting Club Lisbon)
- 4 Antoine Griezmann (Atletico)
- 4 Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich)
- 4 Timo Werner (Chelsea)